When Carol from HomeHello contacted me a couple of weeks ago, she told me about a new home-cleaning company founded by a group of NSW Uni students. And can I just say, it looks ACE! They have brought home-cleaning into the 21st Century, with an easy-to-use website which allows you to instantly book a cleaner for the next day, starting at only $25 an hour. Um, awesome!
I was so excited about this new venture, that I asked if HomeHello would give one of my readers a free 3-hour house clean, and guess what – they said yes! (For Sydney and Melbourne readers only).
TO ENTER: SIMPLY SIGN-UP TO MY NEWSLETTER TO THE LEFT, OR IF YOU ALREADY HAVE, JUST “LIKE” THIS POST ON FACEBOOK!
I had a quick chat with Carol about how HomeHello began and what they have to offer.
HomeHello is a Startup that began with a group of uni students from UNSW, right? So why did you decide to start this up?
We wanted to create a one-stop-shop for booking a house clean! There are so many inefficiencies in the home-cleaning industry, so we aim to make it as simple as possible for Australians to reduce the time they spend on household chores. That way they are able to do the things they love with those that matter the most!
What makes HomeHello different from other cleaning companies?
As of now, there are two very long and difficult ways to get a cleaner to your home:
- Request a cleaner on a classified ad sites, which can be a very lengthy process trying to find the best cleaner, plus calling and arranging possible times for the clean to actually happen.
- Call up a traditional cleaning company and request a quote. Often these companies have to send a person to the home to inspect it first, and subsequently, provide a quote. Even then, these quotes are generally not very affordable, starting at $35/hour.
Through our online booking system, we eliminate all the fuss by instantly assigning cleaners to our customers. That way we can make prices a lot more affordable and even offer next day cleaning if you book before 3pm!
Who are the people behind HomeHello?
There are many faces behind HomeHello! Everyone plays a significant role but the two primary ones are Kale and Colin. Kale previously worked as a Business Intelligence Consultant, and is currently studying a Master’s Degree in Economics. He heads up operations at HomeHello and ensures our customers receive the very best experience. Colin is currently studying a Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Studies and takes the lead on customer experience, ensuring customer issues or inquiries are taken care of immediately.
When did HomeHello first launch, and how has it been going so far?
HomeHello officially launched in November last year, and so far the journey has been amazing! Our cleaner-base has been growing rapidly, and we now service all of Sydney and recently moved into Melbourne.
What services do you offer?
The service we provide is a very thorough general house clean.
- We go through every room of the house, dusting, wiping and scrubbing all fixtures and surfaces.
- We vacuum and mop all floors in your home, making sure your place is speckless.
- We make your beds and fold your towels/clothes.
- We take out your rubbish for you.
- We also offer additional services, which you may select in our very simple booking process. These include interior window cleaning, interior cabinet cleaning, laundry and inside fridge cleaning.
All our cleaners get reviewed by customers and must maintain a particular rating to continuously get jobs. We support the quality of our cleaners 100%. So if you are not one bit happy with your clean, we will come back and re-clean your home – no additional charge!
What is your favourite room in the house, and why?
I’m a big fan of food and cooking. So naturally, my favourite room of the house is the kitchen! Coming home and cooking in a sparkling and uncluttered kitchen is something I look forward to every day.
So if you are looking for a one-off house clean, or a regular cleaner, visit www.homehello.com.au!
I will draw the winner next week – I can’t wait to give someone a lovely surprise and a week off cleaning!